What are Salesforce Dynamic Forms?
The premise of Dynamic Forms is to create user centric, intuitive page layouts that display the right information at the right time. Over time, the page layout, or “Details” section in Lightning pages, can become congested with fields. These fields may well be necessary but not all the time or to all users. The closest resolution we’ve had is to create multiple page layouts and different profiles, which is labour and config intensive.
Well no more. With Dynamic Forms you’ll be able to:
- Place fields anywhere on the layout without needing to add them to the traditional page layout (“Details” tab)
- Use visibility rules to make fields and components appear and disappear based on criteria you choose
- Do away with multiple page layouts
- Improve page load times
When can I get Salesforce Dynamic Forms?
Dynamic Forms are available now! Simply go to the Lightning record page of a custom object and select the “Highlights Panel” or the “Record Detail” component, then you’ll see the option to “Upgrade Now” and can choose between migrating an existing page or starting from scratch.
What’s not supported?
- Dynamic Forms is currently only available for custom objects; standard objects such as Accounts and Opportunities are not supported. To stay up to date on the road map for Dynamic Forms please join the Trailblazer Group here.
- Dynamic Forms are not supported on record pages that use pinned-region or custom page templates.
- The new Field Section component and the Field components are not supported on mobile. Any migrated pages will automatically have a new “Record Detail — Mobile” component added but you need to remember to add this if you’re building a page from scratch.
- Traditional page layouts will still control related lists e.g. order of related lists and visible columns on related lists.